I want kids to feel they are listened to, accepted and nurtured.
I want parents to feel supported and understood.
When you accept kids unconditionally the way they are (even the challenging bits) it can have a lasting impression on them.
REGISTERED CLINICAL COUNSELLOR | ALLISON GREEN, MC RCC
Allison Green, MC RCC is a Registered Clinical Counsellor who specializes in therapy with children and youth. A graduate of the University of Victoria with a degree in Social Work, and City University of Seattle with a Masters in Counselling Psychology, Allison has worked with children, youth and families since 2004.
Allison has extensive experience working with young people in the area of mental health in a variety of settings including counselling children and families in elementary, secondary and post-secondary school settings, counselling children and youth with mental health concerns, supporting children and families impacted by HIV/AIDS, providing threat assessment and crisis intervention support to schools, and leading groups of youth on extended wilderness and leadership expeditions.
As the mother of two busy boys, Allison understands the many challenges (and joys) that come with parenting.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Children who are anxious, withdrawn, fearful or timid
- Experiencing challenges with ADHD, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, anger
- Experiencing difficulty in relationships with friends and family
- Physically aggressive
- Are bullied or bully others
- Selectively mute
- Refuse to attend school
- Are experiencing grief and loss
- May be impacted by parent/caregiver separation/divorce
- Parenting strategies and solutions
- Master’s degree in Counselling | City University of Seattle
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work | UVIC
- Extensive training in Play Therapy | RMPTI
- Level 1 Parent Child Relational Therapy Training
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy training | David Burns
- Threat Assessment Training Level I & II, Canadian Centre for Trauma Assessment and Trauma Response
- Critical Incident Stress Management: Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support; & Group Crisis Intervention, International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, Centre for Suicide Prevention
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Member of the BC Association of Play Therapy
- Volunteer with Red Cross Disaster Management (Squamish)
- Volunteer, Board of Directors, Member at Large, Platypus Playcentre